Friday, March 22, 2019

Stamping on Mugs


I began my stamping journey a little over 15 years ago. It was not long after that I became a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  This July will mark my 15th anniversary with Stampin' Up! I look back on the product line offered then vs now and it is remarkable to see how far the industry has come. While I love all my fancy dies and tools to create projects, sometimes it is nice to take a step back from paper and play about with stamping on other products.

Today we look at stamping on mugs.  Typically when stamping on surfaces other than paper I like to use Staz On as it is a permanent ink, however while researching stamping on mugs I discovered that I could use an alternate... the retired Archival Ink.




You may ask why on earth I would use this since it is not permanent. Well, simply because it is forgiving!  Mugs can be tricky to stamp on between the shiny surface and curvature.  Stamping on a flat surface can be difficult so why would you want to risk stamping wrong on a curved surface and not being able to correct the mistake.

Using Archival Black Ink on my mugs allowed me to stamp repeatedly until I was happy with my result. Each time I stamped and was not happy, I simply used a baby wipe to clear off the ink and a paper towel to dry it before stamping again. Once the image and words were just right, I popped the mugs into the oven at 175° for 30 minutes to heat set.

This is a great way to use your stamps to create custom gifts for family and friends.

Until next time!


Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment