Thursday, June 20, 2019

Free As a Bird

There is something about the saying"Free as a Bird" that makes me happy. It evokes a feeling of being carefree without a worry in the world and when I look at the new stamp set with this name, it gels well with my thoughts.


I have been pushing myself to colour more and I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate the Stampin' Blends.  The more I work with them the better I get at shading and blending.



These sweet birds were stamped on Whisper White Thick cardstock which works well with the Stampin' Blends.  If the cardstock is too thin or even buffered like the standard Whisper White cardstock, the alcohol markers simply do not work as well as they should.



This card needed to be vibrant, perfect for that friend who is bubbly and enthusiastic, which is why I chose Calypso Coral as my focal colour to make this card pop!

Did you know you can purchase the Free As a Bird stamp set, along with the Stitched Nested Label dies as a bundle for a savings of 10%?  The dies are double stitched...how cool is that!  The negative die cut is also stitched so you can create stitched windows in your cards.  I having been using this die set like crazy.



A little bling always adds a perfect touch so I pulled out the Happiness Blooms Enamel Dots and finished the card up with these edible looking dots.



Was this set on your wish list when you received your catalogue?

Until next time ~
Margaret






No comments:

Post a Comment