Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Mini Shipping Box - Belly Band Seal

I can't believe this is the last week for the current annual Stampin' Up! catalogue and next week you all have the opportunity to begin purchasing new products from the 2019-2020 Annual Stampin' Up! Catalogue.  The fun continues for me with creating projects using the Good Morning Magnolia set and the Magnolia Memory Dies.




I chose to create a different project today and so I used the cute Stampin' Up! Mini Shipping Boxes that will be available in the new catalogue.



I really didn't want the box sealed where the recipient would have to damage the item when they open it so a belly band was the perfect solution as a seal.



The possibilities of designs for belly bands are endless but I do find the white and pink colours of the magnolia go so well with the craft colour of the boxes.

The Magnolia Lane designer series paper has so many great patterns that it took me a bit to settle on which pattern to use for the belly band itself.  I attached this to Basic Black cardstock to allow the designer paper to stand out.



Die cutting the smaller magnolia image from one of the sheets of designer paper was a no brainer for me to add some great colour to the project.



I still needed depth for this project, so I die cut the magnolia petals and stamen, layering them using Whisper White, Petal Pink and So Saffron cardstock.  To create dimension I used a Bone Folder to curl the petals.  Once all layers were ready I used SNAIL adhesive to attach each layer together.



Of course a project is never really complete until some type of bling is added.  This is where the Clear Faceted Gems came in handy.  I added a medium sized gem to the centre of the flower. Let's not forget about the cute sentiment.  'Hello' was stamped in Memento Black ink and die cut using the incredibly versatile Stitched Nested Label Dies.



Flowers never seem to appear right unless they have some leaves and the sweetest leaves are die cut using the Magnolia Memory dies.  Did you know that the set includes two identical larger and two identical smaller leaf images?  This is great for mass die cutting.  You get twice as many cut in the same amount of time it would take you to die cut one set.



The boxes are larger than I thought they would be and will be perfect for adding mini note cards inside as a little thank you gift for a hostess or even a unique birthday gift for a special friend.





What would you put in these adorable Stampin' Up! Mini Shipping Boxes?

Until next time ~
Margaret 


No comments:

Post a Comment