Monday, September 9, 2019

Gone Fishing

I didn't jump on the Best Catch bandwagon right away when the set came out. Don't get me wrong, I really liked it and know some people who fish but I wasn't sure if I would end up using it as much as perhaps I thought I should.  As you can see though, I did break down and buy it.  The dies that coordinate with the stamp set certainly help make the card creation process so much easier. 



As I often do with other coordinating sets, I stamp, colour and die cut several images. From there I will design and build a card.

If you don't already own any of the Stampin' Blends, I highly recommend them.  The more you work with them the better you will get at blending, shading and simply colouring overall :D



As I am not always confident in my colour choices I did the one thing many of us do....I googled images of fish and other peoples creations to see how some of the fish looked.   I love using lots of colour as I find it brings the fish to life!!!



Now I truly appreciate the Copper Trim as this ribbon adds a perfect shimmering touch to just about any design.  When using it on a fish card such as, by simply stretching the ribbon out it looks a bit like a fish net. A simple yet cool technique.

Since this card says "For You, Dad" you could use if for any occasion really - birthday, fathers day, just because!! <3

Do you own this set already? Have you taken the time to sit down and create with it?

Until next time!
Margaret 




No comments:

Post a Comment