Monday, September 30, 2019

Magnolia Embossed


Once I was head over heels for the Magnolia Lane suite I knew that I wished to add the Magnolia 3-D embossing folder to my stash of tools.



I sat down to create cards this weekend and used the embossing folder for the first time!!! Why did I wait so long?  The folder on it's own creates a stunning background but when you add a bit of colour, the image just pops!



I used Stampin' Up! Watercolour Pencils and a Blender Pen to add most of the colour, however I also used a Stampin' Blend to add just a hint of colour to the some of the edges of the flowers petals. I found this extra touch made the petals just pop!



I layered the embossed panel onto Basic Black cardstock that was barely larger than the cardfront. It gave just a hint of a shadow effect and to tie in the black colour, I used the Black 5/8" Glittered Organdy Ribbon. This ribbon is so beautiful!!! You will love it!

Next card I create using this will be a coloured cardstock so you can simply see the lovely effect the embossing folder creates on a card front :)

What is your favourite embossing folder to use?

Until next time!
Margaret 


No comments:

Post a Comment