Friday, January 10, 2020

Prayers


I could not wait to get home from work yesterday to get in my stamp room so I could sit down and craft with new supplies!  I was extremely excited but while sitting in my craft room and designing, I felt a weight had been lifted off me.  For the first time in years, I felt creative freedom without the stress of only using current products sold by one specific company.  I almost didn't know what to do with myself, so I just "wet" my feet a little bit LOL  Here is one of the cards I made ❤



I chose some lovely pink cardstock as my card base.  I love using browns with pink, so I selected a light brown/ craft cardstock to stamp on to layer with the pink.  I die cut the brown cardstock using Rectangle Stitched framelits and then stamped flowers around edge in Versamark ink, applied Gold embossing powder and heat set. I then used Stampin' Blends to colour in the flowers. I really like that alcohol markers work on coloured cardstock as well!



The sentiment is from Hero Arts and this particular stamp set comes with a matching die cut for the word "prayers".  I die cut the word several times and layered to create some depth and dimension.  I learned this from a sweet friend of mine when she sent me a beautiful handmade card featuring this simple technique.

Until next time ~
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment