Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Shooting for the Green


SHOOTING FOR THE GREEN



Yesterday was Family Day in beautiful Ontario and while I should be ashamed to admit this, I spent the entire day in my craft room.  Can I just say it was pure and utter bliss?! If only there was more time to spend crafting

I broke out a new stamp set and dies I had purchased in December, yes.... I just opened the new items I bought and used them! I was so thrilled with the way this card came together.  I really had no idea what I was going to make outside of stamping and colouring the golfer LOL  Every good craft project begins with one small seed doesn't it?

I found some dies in my stash that cut out clouds and since the white on white made them disappear, I lightly sponged the edges with a pale blue ink to make them pop and I used dimensionals to pop them up on the card front.



The golfer was stamped in Memento black ink and coloured in using alcohol markers. I die cut a few clumps of grass and placed them in and around the golfers feet to make it feel like he was hitting the ball out of the rough.

I had so much fun creating this card and I love the end result! Since I have been pushing myself to get out there and participate in challenges, here are the ones I entered into with this card:


A Place to Start - February 2020 Challenge
Dream Valley Challenges - Hand Coloured Image

Thanks for popping by and checking out today's creation :)

Until next time
~Margaret 

5 comments:

  1. What a great masculine card! The golfer is colored to perfection. I love the dimension of the clouds and the grass. My husband is an avid golfer and he would love this card. Thanks for rocking our challenge at Here is a Place to Start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning! . Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges!
    Neva DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card. thank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley Challenge. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful golf theme card to give! The crisp and clean layout really makes the focal image have impact! Thanks for participating in this month's APTS challenge! Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. The CAS composition of your card is great! I just love those fluffy clouds! Nice coloring on the image as well. Stepping out of one's comfort zone is always good and we are so pleased that stepping out led you to stepping into our monthly challenge at A Place To Start! We hope to see you back in our March Challenge!
    Hiugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete