Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Entertainment wants to Impress, Hospitality Wants to Bless.

Last week a co-worker stopped by my desk to chat and she mentioned a saying she had heard on a podcast that she wanted to remember. She determined that if she shared with someone right away, she had a better chance at remembering it. The saying really is meaningful and the moment she shared it with me I knew that I wanted to create a special piece of artwork that could be framed and hung on her wall to remind her of the saying.

"Entertainment wants to impress, Hospitality wants to bless". 




This was the saying she heard on a podcast by Jen Wilkin from Flower Mound Bible Study.  The point of this saying is to remind us not to stress over having a clean home when visitors pop by. I think it comes natural to us to want our home to be neat, tidy and clean because we worry about how others perceive us.  However, when people come to visit, it is not to see the state of our home but rather to spend time with us.  Hospitality is about our guests, sharing our time and ensuring we are caring for their needs, not our own needs.



I was very excited to begin work on this project and Saturday I focused on designing and creating a wall art piece that would be a gentle reminder not to sweat having a clean house for guests.

I won't deny it, I did use some recently retired Designer Series Paper that had been available during Sale-A-Bration but I think you might agree that it adds a beautiful touch of colour.



While I could have hand stamped each letter to create the saying I did not have the style lettering available in my stamp collection, so instead I created the saying in a Word file using fonts that I believed would help make the words stand out.

You also notice around the outside of the center matte that I added some butterflies. These were punched out using the Butterfly Duet punch. I'm so happy I purchased this punch!



While I forgot to take a photo of my packaging, I used the retired set Swallowtail to stamp butterflies over Kraft Paper which I used to wrap the frame in.

My co-worker was thrilled with the gift . My heart is happy that God has blessed me with the ability to be creative with paper and share my passion with others, if but in a small way.

Until next time.
Margaret 

No comments:

Post a Comment