Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Mother's Day... celebrating my Mom!

How blessed we are to celebrate our Mother! While those of us who still have a mother in our lives are fortunate to spend time with them, I also feel for those who have lost their mom and struggle on this day.

My husband and I took my parents out for a nice dinner on Saturday evening.  Really after nearly 80 years, what does your mom really need other than her childrens time?

Now since I love making cards, and even though my mother by her own admission to me in the past told me that she does not keep my cards, I sat down Saturday morning to create a special card just for her.

Now I don't really want to tempt or tease you with products from the new 2019-2020 Stampin' Up! catalogue just yet, I also don't want to wait a few weeks just to show you Mothers Day cards. So don't get too excited over these products yet because I still have plenty of projects to share with you using retiring items.

For this card, I used the Magnolia Lane Memories and More Card Pack.  I was going to use the Magnolia Lane Card and Envelope pack as well but couldn't bear the thought of covering up the silver outline on the card base.



The leaf layer that is attached to the Whisper White Large Memories and More card base is actually printed Vellum!  This paper is sooooo pretty.  The images were simple black outlines, so I added colour to the leaves by using Old Olive Stampin' Blends.

You may have noticed that I do like to use the stamp set Well Said that coordinates with the die set Well Written.  These products are available in the current Occasions catalogue as a bundle at 10% off. Just a reminder that while these products will be carried over to the new catalogue, they will no longer be available as a bundle at the discount, so if these are on your wish list, I recommend ordering them now ;)



I stamped Mother's Day and die cut the word Happy and added them to one of the smaller designs from the Magnolia Lane Memories and More card pack, added a few of the retiring Share What You Love bling. Now I love ribbon, so I added a little hint of white ribbon peaking out from under the top layer before adhering to the card base using Stampin' Dimensionals.

Such a pretty card and quite quick to make as well!

Are these Magnolia themed products calling out your name?

Until next time.
Margaret 



No comments:

Post a Comment