Monday, May 13, 2019

Friendship....A Million Little Things

Throughout life we make friends all the time and while some friendships are fleeting for whatever reason, others last a lifetime even when you don't get to chat or visit as much as you'd like.  My friendship with Angela is one of the latter.

I met Angela October 2008. She had responded to a newspaper ad I ran about a World Cardmaking Day event I was hosting. She was relatively new to the 'area' (she lives 45 minutes away from me) and was thrilled to find a Stampin' Up! demonstrator close by.  The moment I met Angela in person I knew I had found a new friend for life.  Her presence alone and beautiful smile just draw you in and you feel God's love emanating from her.

It has been a bit since I have had a chance to visit with Angela and being the bad friend that I am, I failed to send her a birthday card yet again this year, even after I promised myself I would make sure she received one this time!



I knew it was time to make her a very special card to let her know what her friendship means to me. While I typically struggle with creating a watercolour wash background, I gave it yet another whirl and was thrilled with the result.

Now if you haven't seen the Butterfly Beauty dies in the Occasions Catalogue, they are absolutely beautiful and while I could have die cut two different images that layer over top of each other, I wanted to create a 'shadow image' instead by die cutting in black only.



The card needed some texture and a bit of bedazzle, so I pulled out the Shimmer Embossing Paste and the handy dandy masks that allow you to add designs to your cardfront and added just a bit. I wrapped Whisper White Bakers Twine around the cardfront several times and tied in a simple bow. I stamped my sentiment "Our friendship isn't one big thing" in Memento Black ink and die cut using Stitched Shapes dies.



The top layer is attached to a black matte which in turn has then been adhered to my Old Olive base.  I added a layer of Whisper White cardstock on the inside to make it easier to write on. I also stamped the latter half of the cards sentiment which was "it's a million little things".

I mailed the card off and while Angela doesn't live all that far away it took nearly 2 weeks before she received it.  I was itching to post the card but didn't want to do that until I knew she had it.
 
Until next time.
Margaret 


No comments:

Post a Comment