Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Best Wishes - Wedding Card

When I began creating this card I had a recipient in mind however once I completed it with the Best Wishes, I felt this card was more suited for a Wedding or an Anniversary.

Do you remember the days when we could buy a package of textured cardstock? That was quite some time ago and I have missed the simple look and feel of that paper. Now don't get me wrong embossing with fun textured embossing folders adds a lot of appeal to a finished card but it wasn't until I finally purchased the Subtle Texture Embossing Folder that I was taken back to the days of the textured cardstock.  It has the same look, the same feel and I wonder what took me so long to order it.

For this card I decided to go with a square size (5" x 5") as my plan was to lay out the die cut leaves from Painted Seasons to create a wreath.



I added one of the beautiful flowers that I stamped in Mango Melody (love this colour) and die cut from this set on the bottom corner of the wreath. I also cut a couple small flowers from one of the Painted Seasons Designer Series Paper and tucked these just in behind the main flower.

I have learned that when using the Well Written Thinlits, it is best to add Adhesive Backed sheets to your cardstock prior to die cutting the words.  Far less fuss adhering to your project when using this great product. ps - it's retiring :(



By stamping the word "best" in Versamark ink and heat embossing with White Embossing Powder on black cardstock, the word really stands out against the light background of the card base.

This card came together quicker than I anticipated and I love the result.

Did you earn this set during Sale-A-Bration? Have you been using this set and if so what have you been creating with it?

Until next time.

Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment