Monday, April 29, 2019

Life is Tough but so are you!

Where did the weekend go? I spent most of it cleaning and enjoying time with my family.  Time is definitely the best gift we can give one another and when a friend suddenly suffers a stroke, it brings it all in perspective how quickly life can change and how important it is to make time for those that are important to us.

I took some time to create a card that reflected our friends passion, which is drag racing.When Stampin' Up! came out with the Geared Up Garage bundle, all my friends immediately turned to me and said, "oh, this set is right up your alley!".  I was so excited since I am a drag racer myself and I have many friends who are involved in racing or simply into old cars.



While a Ford would not be my first choice (it actually is one of my last choices), the die image and stamp image reflect a Mustang so I went along with it. Both our friend, as well as myself, race Chevy's and while their is some designer series paper with a '55 Chevy on it, I stuck with the die cut as I was in a hurry.

The gears were die cut from Gold Foil paper. I love the way the foil papers really make the gears stand out. The burn out splatter was stamped in Smoky Slate and the Mustang was popped up over it using Stampin' Dimensionals.



I stamped the tool box in Memento Black ink on Real Red cardstock and die cut using the Garage  dies, tucking it slightly into the gears.

The sentiment is from the retiring stamp set, Friendly Expressions and was stamped in Memento Black Ink.



I hope this card gives our friend some encouragement during a time where he faces some new challenges in life.

Do you have a go to set that you use for sentiments when it comes to thinking of you cards? What is it?

Until next time.
Margaret 



No comments:

Post a Comment