Thursday, April 11, 2019

Kindness - Home Decor

Often when I sit down to stamp it is to create an item or a product with someone else in mind. It is very rare that I will sit down and create something for myself.

I was beginning to feel like I was getting creative block and decided to take some time to make something for myself. I already knew that I wanted to create a piece of art that would fit in a picture frame and focus on being kind.



Using the Layered Alphabet Framelits and the Line Alphabet stamp set, I was able to stamp and die cut the word "kindness".  This on it's own certainly wasn't enough to remind myself of the message I wished to think of and practice each day.



As I have an abundance of old stamps sets, I pulled out one of my favourites - Pursuit of Happiness. Since I wanted to keep the colours relatively soft I went with Smoky Slate. A few more stamp sets were used including Incredible Like You to help complete this simple Home Decor piece.



As I spend a good portion of my time at work, I felt it was the perfect place to display my frame so each day I am reminded to think before I act or speak and to remember to be kind.

We never know another persons struggles and a simple hello or smile can make all the difference in the world to them.

As Ellen Degeneres likes to say, Be kind to one another!

Until next time.

Margaret 

No comments:

Post a Comment