Saturday, April 20, 2019

Butterfly Notes

Too often I stamp for generic purposes, building a stash of cards that the reasdy to Use at a moments notice rather than stamping with a specific person in mind. I decided that I would take some time and make a few cards with specific people in mind.

We have a favourite breakfast spot in our hometown and a couple weeks ago one of our regular waitresses informed us she had two more weeks of work and would be moving on to a new job.  We wanted her to know we were thinking of her, so yesterday as we celebrated Easter and the gift of salvation through Christ’s death on the cross, I took some time to create a special card for Michaela.



I used the stunning butterfly dies currently available in the Stampin’ Up! Occasions catalogue along with a sentiment from the set Butterfly Gala.

I don’t often try watercolouring techniques as it is not something I am very comfortable with yet, however I gave it a whirl on this card.  Using Shimmery White cardstock, I wet the paper with my Aqua Painter and then added ink. I love the way it automatically pools out and spreads! I used Granny Apple Green, Coastal Cabana and Mango Melody inks.  Using such bright colours was inspired by some recent cards made by my friend Angela.



The butterflies were created using the Butterfly Gala stamp set.  The funny thing is, I had no intention of buying this set when I saw it in the catalogue but sincerely I loved the punch and had purchased it, I thought I would be dumb not to buy the coordinating stamp set and be able to create with more versatility! I am so happy I did buy it, as I am loving this set!

Using the Stitched Shapes dies, I cut a circle from Vellum cardstock for my sentiment.  I used Memento Black ink and since ink doesn’t set quickly on Vellum I added Clear Embossing Powder and Heat set it.



The finishing touches were a few Clear Rhinestones added randomly on the card front.

We stopped by the restaurant for breakfast this morning and gave the card to Michaela. She loved it! It makes my heart happy when I can brighten someone’s day with a handmade card.


Until next time!
Margaret


No comments:

Post a Comment